102 “G. S. Rakovski” Str.
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
telephone: (+359) 2/9859 2301
The Legal Directorate has two divisions: State Property and Statutory Instruments, and performs the following functions provided for in Article 34 of the Ministry of Finance Structural Regulations:
- provide legal aid for the legally conforming exercise of the powers of the Minister;
- support the Minister and the directorates from the specialized administration of the Ministry in legal issues in the area of public finance;
- participate in the drawing-up of drafts of instruments connected to the preparation, performance and reporting of the state budget for the relevant year;
- coordinate drafts of agreements related to the assuming and management of government and government guaranteed debt and participate in the preparation of drafts of instruments related to the assuming and management of government and government guaranteed debt;
- prepare opinions in connection with the exercise of the powers of the Minister for the acquisition, management and disposition of state property;
- support the Minister in performing procedures for enforced alienation of private real property for public needs by coordination, analysis and methodological assistance;
- prepare opinions and participate in the drawing-up of Council of Ministers' draft decisions for alienation of private real property intended for the building of national infrastructure projects;
- prepare opinions on drafts of statutory and other instruments and participate in the drawing-up of drafts of statutory instruments;
- prepare and coordinate drafts of orders, protocol and other decisions of the Council of Ministers related to the activity of the Ministry;
- support the Minister and the directorates from the specialized administration of the Ministry in legal issues related to the implementation of the state policy on international financial and credit organizations;
- prepare opinions and coordinate the drafts of international agreements and the drafts of instruments related thereto;
- draw up state ownership title deeds for the properties constituting property of the Bulgarian state abroad and reflect the changes therein; create and keep the main register under Article 106, paragraph 1, item 4 of the Regulation on the implementation of the State Property Law, adopted by Council of Ministers' Decree No 254 of 2006 (prom., SG No 78 of 2006; amended and supplemented, SG No 26 and 51 of 2007, SG No 64, 80 and 91 of 2008, SG No 7, 25, 62 and 93 of 2009, SG No 31, 52, 58 and 69 of 2010, SG No 61, 80 and 105 of 2011, SG No 24 and 47 of 2012, SG No 62, 80 and 87 of 2013, and SG No 13 and 15 of 2014);
- prepare orders for writing-off of the properties constituting property of the Bulgarian state abroad;
- render assistance in the settlement of the legal status of the properties and take part in the drawing-up of interstate and intergovernmental agreements in their part referring to state property abroad;
- take part in the analysis of the results from the application of the statutory instruments in the area of public finance, state property management, etc.
- coordinate drafts of decisions under the Access to Public Information Law;
- propose the undertaking of measures on grounds of legal conformity for cessation of law violations and elimination of the causes and conditions that give rise to such violations.