Public Relations and Protocol Directorate
102 "G. S. Rakovski" str.
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
Directorate's main task: The main task of the Public Relations and Protocol Directorate is to plan, coordinate and implement the information policy of the Ministry of Finance, while ensuring publicity and transparency of the activity of the Ministry and informing the public about MoF policy. It carries out the protocol activity of the Ministry and organizes the public appearances of the Minister of Finance and his Deputies.
Public Relations Division
- Plans, coordinates and carries out the information policy of the Ministry and the presentations in public of the Minister, the political cabinet and the officials of the Ministry; ensures publicity and transparency of the activity of the Ministry and the administrative structures thereto by organizing the access to information for both media and citizens; ensures the media coverage of formal and working meetings of the Ministry, written replies and interviews; assists the activities related to morning monitoring of printed media and prepares press reviews for the needs of the Ministry;
- Studies and analyzes public opinions prior to undertaking specific policy of the Ministry by means of commissioning sociological studies and analyses in connection with Ministry's activities; elaborates, organizes and commissions information campaigns for preliminary presentation and promotion of the Ministry's policies as well as of the bills and drafts of bylaws prepared by it;
- Takes part in the organization of the visits of the Minister and his Deputies in both the country and abroad and their coverage by the media; coordinates the public appearances of the Minister, the political cabinet and the heads of second-level spending units;
- Coordinates the preparation of Minister's answers for the parliamentary control at the National Assembly;
- Assists the work of Ministry's structures aimed at improving public awareness on the absorption of funds provided to Republic of Bulgaria by the European Union, and takes part in the planning and implementation of projects and activities in execution of the Communication Strategy on issues within the competence of the Ministry;
- Elaborates, organizes and commissions information campaigns for preliminary presentation and promotion of the Ministry's policy as well as of the bills and drafts of bylaws prepared by it;
- Coordinates and controls the maintenance and updating of the internal information system - Intranet, and the information input to the website of the Ministry and the second-level spending units to the Minister; approves the final versions and their implementation;
- Prepares and designs presentations upon participation of the Minister, his Deputies and Ministry's experts in seminars, press conferences, discussions and others; prepares printed and audio-visual materials intended for building a positive image and promoting the policy of the Ministry.
- Prepares, coordinates and carries out the organization, conduct and protocol provision of press conferences, symposia, seminars, discussions and round tables, formal and working meetings of the Ministry, and arranges protocol and business meetings of MoF senior officials;
- Coordinates the agenda for the formal and working visits to Bulgaria of guests invited by the Minister of Finance, together with the State Protocol, National Security Service, foreign embassies to Bulgaria and Bulgarian embassies abroad, as well as with all other institutions and services connected with the organization of the relevant event;
- Coordinates and prepares the agenda of the Minister, Deputy Ministers and Secretary General with regard to their visits abroad and prepares all necessary documents for MoF officials business trips abroad;
- Provides oral and written translation for meetings, official correspondence and materials of the Ministry; maintains the protocol correspondence of the Ministry and prepares congratulatory letters.
Presscenter: (+359/2) 9859 2021/2034/2023/
Web site: (+359/2) 9859 2085
Protocol: (+359/2) 9859 2025