Mr. Ivaylo Ashkov
102 “G. S. Rakovski” Str.
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
telephone: (+359) 2/9859 2952
The Inspectorate reports directly to the Minister of Finance and ensures the performance of the Minister's control functions in respect of Government policy implementation by exercising administrative control within the Ministry and within the second-level spending units thereto. It performs controls under an annual plan endorsed by the Minister, as well as inspections pursuant to proposals or alerts, and also with regard to cases of high public interest. Inspections are carried out on the grounds of written orders or written instructions of the Minister.
The Inspectorate's activities are focused on comprehensive, objective, unbiased and precise clarification of the cases inspected and on proposal of measures for their solution in order to prevent and correct any disturbances in the functioning of the administration, to improve the work of the administration and to prevent and limit corruption by:
- carrying out planned and non-planned inspections of administrative structures, activities and processes related to the administrative activities within the Ministry and within the second-level spending administrative structures thereto;
- assessing the corruption risk and proposing measures for its reduction within the administration of the Ministry and of its second-level spending administrative structures;
- collecting and analysing information and performing self-initiative inspections to ascertain violations, possible corruption cases and ineffective work of the administration of the Ministry or of the second-level spending administrative structures thereto;
- carrying out inspections pursuant to alerts and proposals against illegal or incorrect acts or omissions of employees of the Ministry or of the second-level spending administrative structures thereto;
- controlling the observance of the laws, by-laws and internal acts of the organisation by the staff of the Ministry and of the second-level spending administrative structures thereto;
- making proposals to the Minister for starting disciplinary proceedings in the event of breach of duties or of the Code of Conduct of Civil Servants;
- exercising control and making inspections under the Law on Fighting Corruption and Forfeiture of Unlawfully Acquired Assets;
- referring information to the Prosecutor's Office about any offences of the staff of the Ministry or of the second-level spending administrative structures thereto ascertained in the course of inspections.