Economic Activity Indicator
The Economic Activity Indicator (EAI) is aimed at giving an overall picture of the performance of the Bulgarian economy, as well as an account of its long-term and cyclical components. It has been constructed based on a dynamic factor model and consists of fifteen macroeconomic variables, measuring changes in both the internal and external environment. For further methodological details see “Rationale and methodology of the EAI”.
The issue provides a quarterly assessment of the EAI in Bulgaria, estimates of the degree of synchronization of the local business cycle with the cycle in the euro area and the factors influencing the EAI performance. The publication is prepared by the Economic and Financial Policy Department at the Ministry of Finance and includes four quarterly reports published in Bulgarian. It is available in English since November 2017.
- Economic activity indicator in Bulgaria, 1/2019
pdf / 596.24 KB
- Economic activity indicator in Bulgaria, 4/2018
pdf / 591.96 KB
- Economic activity indicator in Bulgaria, 3/2018
pdf / 494.79 KB
- Economic activity indicator in Bulgaria, 2/2018
pdf / 597.09 KB
- Economic activity indicator in Bulgaria, 1/2018
pdf / 609.16 KB