European Financial Institutions Division
- Consults and coordinates with the European Investment Bank (EIB), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), etc. within the established formats of the country’s relations therewith, including their permanent representation offices in Bulgaria. Carries out activities related to Bulgaria’s participation in those organisations;
- Supports the Governor for the Republic of Bulgaria in the EIB and the EBRD when performing their functions in accordance with the establishing agreement and in relation to the country’s work in these institutions, and prepares positions with regard to the participation of representatives of the Republic of Bulgaria in the governing bodies of the EIB, EBRD, CEB, etc.
- Prepares the participation of the representatives of the Ministry of Finance in the working bodies of the EU institutions on issues related to the European financial institutions and to their participation in EU initiatives.
- Takes part in the preparation, negotiation, signing and subsequent ratification of loan and guarantee agreements between Republic of Bulgaria and the European Investment Bank (EIB), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) and others, and performs coordination and exercises ongoing control of the implementation of the loan agreements signed with those institutions;
- Coordinates and administers the structural loans from European financial institutions related to the national co-financing of projects funded by the European structural and investment funds;
- Renders institutional support of the implementation of national projects co-funded by European financial institutions.