The main task in managing the EU funds is the protection of the Community's financial interests against fraud, irregularities and corruption through transparency of the procedures for management and control of the assistance.
The submission of alerts on technical, financial or administrative IRREGULARITIES and SUSPECTED FRAUD occurred during the implementation of projects funded by the EC and programmes is a precondition for taking legal actions. The timely detection and reporting of irregularities are among the measures to counteract corruption and organized crime, where the active civil position of every member of the society is greatly relied on.
In execution of Council of Ministers' Decree No 18 of 04.02.2003 on the Establishment of a Council Coordinating the Fight against the Infringements affecting the Financial Interests of the European Communities (prom. SG No 13 of 11.02.2003, last amended SG No 57 of 24.06.2008) the Ministry of Finance has designated responsible irregularity officers and their substitutes in the National Fund Directorate and the Central Finance and Contracts Unit Directorate (CFCU), as well as in the Managing Authority of Operational Programme Administrative Capacity. They will consider every submitted alert on irregularities under the relevant programme where the Ministry of Finance is in charge.
In order to enable maximum quick response to the alert and taking of subsequent measures you are recommended to provide sufficiently detailed information about the facts you are aware of. A reply to the alert, containing information about any subsequent actions, will be prepared in 30 days and will be sent to the return address specified.
Submit your alert on an irregularity to:
- CFCU as an Implementing Agency of PHARE Programme, the Transition Facility, the Schengen Facility, the European Economic Area.
- The National Fund - the Directorate is responsible for administering the irregularities and the suspected fraud under the Pre-accession Programmes, the Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund.
- The Managing Authority of Operational Programme Administrative Capacity is the structure, responsible for the administration of the irregularities, which are connected with the OPAC
The other institutions you may submit your signal to are as follows:
- The National Authorizing Officer or the Minister of Finance, via a letter entered in the register at the Records Office at the Ministry of Finance
- The Coordination of the Fight against the Infringements affecting the Financial Interests of the European Communities Directorate to the administration of the Council of Ministers
- The European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF).