State Aid and Real Sector Directorate
102 “G. S. Rakovski” Str.
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
telephone: ( 359) 2/9859 2530
The main task of the Directorate is to contribute to maintaining sustainable economic growth and effective management of financial resources by means of:
1. supporting the Minister of Finance in the execution of his powers as the national authority being responsible for the monitoring, transparency and coordination of state aid as well as in the implementation of the government policy in regard to the effective and efficient spending of public resources, incl. in connection with public and public-private investment projects;
2. coordinating the agreement on the following policies which fall in the area of competence of the Directorate - transport, energy, communications; monitoring of the financial state and the management of the resources of the state-owned enterprises, the trade companies with more than 50 per cent state participation in the capital; dividend policy; public and public-private investment, applicability of the private investor principle, etc.;
3. participating in the elaboration of bills and drafts of secondary legislation, methodologies, guidelines and instructions in the areas related to the competences of the Directorate;
4. budgeting the funds from the state budget which are administered by the Directorate;
5. organizing the execution of the powers and functions of the Minister of Finance in his capacity of a representative of the state as an owner of interests and shares in the trade companies with state participation in the capital and the state-owned enterprises as well his powers and functions related to the monitoring of the financial state of the state-owned enterprises and the trade companies with more than 50 per cent state participation in the capital and the companies controlled by them;
6. organizing, keeping and updating the statutory regulated registers related to the functional competences of the Directorate while adhering to the principles of publicity and transparency;
7. providing administrative services assigned to the Directorate by virtue of statutory acts and orders of the Minister of Finance.
METHODOLOGY, MONITORING AND COORDINATION OF STATE AID DIVISION
√. renders assistance for the lawful provision of state and de-minimis aid, adherence to the transparency rules by means of carrying out monitoring, coordination and interaction with the European Commission in the area of state aid and assessment of measures and notifications of aid;
√. supports the administrators of state and de-minimis aid by means of providing methodological assistance, making assessments in terms of compliance and compatibility, keeping information for the granted state and de-minimis aid;
√. renders assistance for protection of the national interests by means of participating in the working bodies of the European Commission as well as assessing the maximum intensity of regional aid and of the specific local scope of the regions which qualify for regional aid.
PUBLIC INVESTMENT, PARTICIPATIONS AND CONCESSIONS DIVISION
√. organizes the execution of the powers of the Minister of Finance in regard to the government policy in terms of the effective and efficient spending of public resources in the implementation of public-private investment projects;
√. coordinates the proposals for opening procedures of concessions' granting and the accompanying documents in accordance with the legislation while adhering to the principles of lawfulness, publicity and transparency;
√. provides opinions on the financial rationales under Article 35, paragraph 1, item 4 of the Structural Regulations of the Council of Ministers and its administration of drafts of acts for granting concessions and permits for prospecting and exploration as well as for exploration of subsurface resources;
√. carries out monitoring of the state participation in state-owned enterprises and trade companies with more than 50 per cent state participation in the capital as well as in the ones in which the Minister of Finance exercises the rights of the state in the capital;
√. coordinates compliance with state aid legislation in the structuring of financial models in public and public-private investment projects, including projects implemented with EU funds, the granting of concessions and the dividend policy of the state in state-owned enterprises and trade companies with more than 50 per cent state participation in the capital;
√. ensures publicity, transparency and observance of the prescribed time periods in terms of the registration regimes maintained by the Division.
PUBLIC FUNDING OF REAL SECTOR AND STATE AID IN SENSITIVE BRANCHES DIVISION
√. performs optimum distribution of the public finances and improves the effectiveness of the expenditures for the non-financial enterprises in the real sector; implements the main priorities of the financial assistance aimed at the execution of mandatory public services of general economic interest;
√. gathers information and makes an assessment of the forecast indicators of the legal entities falling within the scope of the general government sector from the relevant first-level spending units in the course of the budget procedure as well as during the preparation of the report on the state budget for the respective year;
√. assists the effective and efficient spending of the funds for implementation of the programmes for remedying past environmental damages of privatized trade companies by means of approving optimum expenditures under the projects and exercising control over the expenditures being incurred in the course of their implementation;
√. organizes and coordinates the activities related to the on-going execution of the state budget expenditure parameters administered by the Directorate;
√. assists the lawful provision of state aid in the sensitive branches in terms of the observance of the transparency rules by means of supporting the state aid administrators and making assessment of the compliance with state aid legislation.