Information Systems Directorate
Director of the Directorate
Directorate's main task
The Information Systems Directorate's main tasks are to provide IT services within the system of the Ministry of Finance, which services lead to automation, ensuring and increasing the effectiveness of the business processes through IT and their optimum use. The Directorate deals with strategic planning of the provision of services in the field of IT; it plans and provides administration, support and development of the IT infrastructure, applied information systems and where necessary coordinates these activities in the SLSU to the Minister of Finance and exercises control over the conclusion and implementation of contracts for outsourcing IT activities.
Information Systems Planning and Management Division
- performs the strategic planning of IT services provision at the Ministry and where necessary coordinates the strategic planning of these activities in the SLSU;
- plans and organizes the development, introduction, maintenance and enhancement of applied information systems of the Ministry and where necessary coordinates these activities in the SLSU; plans and organizes the integration of applied information systems and technologies in the common information environment to ensure optimum use of the investments made;
- plans, coordinates and monitors for the proper provision of services by counterparts involved in the setting up and development of applied information systems by supporting their effective management through preparation of ToR, recommendations and proposals in the course of the tender documents preparation; participation in evaluation commission; contract conclusion and management; and accepting the results thereof;
- analyzes the needs, develops and implements common policies, strategy and plan for applied information systems development in accordance with the objectives and strategy of the Ministry; studies, proposes and implements the best practices in project management; ensures security and reliability of the applied information systems in the Ministry, the activities and quality related to their design, development, testing, introduction and enhancement;
- ensures the interoperability between the Ministry's and SLSUs information systems and those of other public and municipal authorities and institutions;
- ensures development, adoption and implementation of policies, standards, rules and procedures in respect of IT services to effectively and efficiently use the information resources of the Ministry of Finance; ensures the bringing of IT services in line with world standards and EU requirements; develops, implements and exercises control over the implementation of applied information system security procedures to ensure effective protection of the Ministry's information resources.
Information Provision and Technical Maintenance Division
- plans and provides administration, support and development of the IT infrastructure at the Ministry and where necessary coordinates these activities in the SLSU;
- defines the requirements, ensures and manages the effective and efficient IT infrastructure administration and support;
- ensures the compatibility of the hardware and system platforms at the Ministry and SLSU in order to achieve effective support while minimizing expenditure;
- develops, implements and exercises control over the implementation of information system security procedures to ensure effective protection of the Ministry's information resources;
- plans the deliveries and services by counterparts related to IT infrastructure support and administration and assists with their effective management through recommendations and proposals in contract conclusion, their financing and accepting the results thereof;
- ensures the bringing of IT services in line with world standards and EU requirements;
- develops, updates and implements policies, standards, rules and procedures in respect of IT services at the Ministry;
- performs general management and control over the stocks, acquisition and use of hardware, software products and services in line with the duties of the staff of the Ministry and the funds budgeted;
- coordinates the technical provision of IT infrastructure at the Ministry and SLSU in view of e-government;
- exercises control over the conclusion and implementation of contracts for outsourcing IT activities;
- plans and controls on an ongoing basis the financial provision of IT infrastructure acquisition and maintenance at the Ministry and partially in SLSU.