Mr. Ivaylo Ashkov
102 “G. S. Rakovski” Str.
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
telephone: (+359) 2/9859 2952
The Inspectorate reports directly to the Minister of Finance and ensures the performance of the Minister's control functions in respect of Government policy implementation by exercising administrative control within the Ministry and the second level spending units thereto. It performs controls under an annual plan endorsed by the Minister, as well as inspections pursuant to proposals or alerts, and also with regard to cases of high public interest. Inspections are carried out pursuant to written orders of the Minister.
The Inspectorate's activities are focused on comprehensive, objective, unbiased and precise clarification of the cases inspected and on proposal of measures for their solution in order to prevent and correct any disturbances in the functioning of the administration and to prevent and limit corruption by:
- inspecting administrative structures, activities and processes within the Ministry and in the second level spending units thereto;
- performing activities to prevent and limit corruption within the Ministry and in the second level spending units thereto by studying the corruption risk and proposing measures to address any identified risks;
- collecting and analyzing information and performing self-initiative inspections to ascertain violations, possible corruption cases and ineffective work of the administration of the Ministry or of the second level spending units;
- carrying out inspections pursuant to alerts and proposals against illegal or incorrect acts or omissions of the employees of the Ministry or of the second level spending units;
- controlling the observance of the legislation and the rules of procedure by the staff of the Ministry and of the second level spending units;
- making proposals to the Minister for starting disciplinary proceedings in the event of breach of duties or of the Code of Conduct of Civil Servants;
- exercises control over and makes checks in connection with the Conflict of Interest Prevention and Ascertainment Law;
- referring to the Prosecutor's Office information about any offences of the staff of the Ministry or of the second level spending units ascertained in the course of inspections.